Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

PDF form - email subject line = field

Level 3

[Thread Edited By Adobe]

/*Don’t forget to meet and greet your fellow peers virtually by telling them about yourself here

Go ahead and to it now: https://adobe.ly/3eDnB4v */

Actual Question:

I am creating a PDF form on our intranet to be filled out and submitted via email with a submit button. All works well, but the recipients would like the subject line of the email to be info from the first field on the form so that it is easily searchable. I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 (also have Acrobat 8 Professional) but haven't found anywhere to edit this info.  I have read thread referencing possible solutions by utilizing javascript, but I'm not sure where to begin where javascript is concerned (not my forte).

Right now the form is Submitted by Email via a "Button" set to Control Type: Submit. Under the Submit tab I have set the Submit to URL field to - mailto:"emailaddress".

Also, the recipients mentioned that they can't see the PDF in the body of their email, instead its only an attachment. We are all using Outlook and Outlook Webmail and would like to see the PDF in the body.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this as well?

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You have the script set for FormCalc but that script is Javascript. In the script editor change the language dropdown (right hand side) to Javascript.

Paul

View solution in original post

65 Replies

Level 1

aquin24, I cannot edit the attached PDF your provided. How did you accomplish this?

Level 1

Hi Paul,

I read through this thread and tried a few things including your attachment. I was unsuccessful! I'm wondering if you can answer the following question for me using my screen shots.

I have created a Submit Button and have figured out how to get it to email. Now, I would like the subject line of the email to auto populate with my SID form field. I've provided a few screenshots here if that helps. Any assistance would be great!

1116488_pastedImage_0.png

1116489_pastedImage_1.png

Level 1

Paul,

I am unable to see the settings for the various buttons.  How would I access the "code" to your samples?

DFolzenlogen

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----