Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

PDF Created in LifeCycle 7.0 does not save as a PDF. Can this happen?

Level 1

Hello,

I've recently created a PDF document in Adobe LifeCycle Designer 7.0 to keep my office organized.  I chose to make a fillable document because doing this in Word would be quite a hassle.

When the PDF is opened in Adobe Reader it only allows me 2 options:  1. to print the document and 2. to e-mail the document.  These options are nice, but I'd really like to save the file so that I can return to it and make updates.

Is this even possible?

M

2 Replies

Level 4

Reader can't save a filled-in form unless it is reader-extended.  You can do this, subject to 500 user limits that you can see in the EULA, with the reader-extensions capability that is in Acrobat Pro in versions 8-10.  Since I assume that you got designer with Acrobat, this should be pretty easy to find.  If you have problems or are working with another Acrobat version, just note that in yor reply to the post.

Level 1

Actually, I only have Reader.  (I never installed Acrobat thinking it was too large and I would never use, now I can't find the disc.) 

Can I save as a PDF in Reader?  Also, I only have 7.0.  Even if I did have Acrobat 7.0, can I save as a PDF via extended ...