Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pass UserName Information in LDAP into Text Field

Level 2

I need to pass the original submitter's name from our LDAP into a text field on a form. Has anyone ever done this before? I basically want the field to be pre-filled out with the submitter's name so that they don't have to do it.

-Leonardo

5 Replies

Former Community Member

You say the original submitters name .....how is the user getting the form? From a web app that the user logged into? I have done this using LiveCycle Web Services but I am trying to validate how your system runs. If you could elaborate a little further telling us how your system works we might be able to come up with a suggestion.

Paul

Level 2

Paul ~ Our users are automatically logged into the WORKSPACE when they go there via a URL, and acces the form from there as a PDF. The YOUR NAME field is the one I want pre-filled out with their name, since they are already logged in to the workspace.

Former Community Member

Do you have access to the processes to change them or do you only control the form? I ask because there is a couple of ways to accomplish this and I need to know the scope that we are working under.

Paul

Level 2

Yes, I have access to the processes in Workbench.

-Leonardo

Former Community Member

This was already answered in the Process management forum. I suggest that you take a look there. Note that you will have to create a Custom renderer to get that information then get the name into an XML file to merge onto the template during render.

Paul