Expand my Community achievements bar.

parent changes between save and load of a PDF file

Level 3

I am using LiveCycle 8.2 and Acrobat 9.2 - and Reader 9.2

I have an automated process that uses a plug-in to fill out and save a PDF form using XML data.

This works well - saves time , etc.

I have a problem where a certain data element seems to have a different heirarchical relationship in the Reader  than in Acrobat..

I have added some xfa.host.MessageBox() statements to print out data as the form is being saved  and then when it is loaded into the Reader - these  values are not the same -

but i have checked and when I laod it using Acroabt everyhting is the same as when the data was saved - but there a different relationship apparently exists when I load the form using the reader.

Has anyone seen this before ?

Is there anything that I can do about it ?

Any help is appreciated - thanks

1 Reply

Level 3

a snippet of the code involved is listed here :

Provider.page2.Practice.Associatec.AssociateType.AssociateTypeDescription::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

var CovgYN;

var msg;

var lineofdata;

var assttype = this.rawValue;

msg

= "Check1 : " + assttype + " = " + this.parent.parent.AssociateLastName.rawValue;

xfa.host.messageBox(msg);

lineofdata

= this.parent.parent.AssociateFirstName.rawValue + " " + this.parent.parent.AssociateLastName.rawValue + " " + assttype + " -" + CovgYN;

The data contained in the msg and lineofdata variables - is different in Acrobat 9.2 and The Reader ... It is correct in Acrobat when I load the form and Import the XML data file.

When the correct data Form is saved and loaded using the reader the values "parent" is different so - the values are not the same -=

This is a serious problem !.

Is this a known bug or issue  ?