Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

P2P option in Flash 10.1

Level 1

How do i disable this option for ALL computers in my environment. We do not and will not allow P2P for any app in our environment and I need to either edit the msi script or be able to use some kind of command line switch to turn this off when I push out this insallation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

We do not provide any default option for disabling p2p in our 10 or 10.1 swc, whether streams are p2p depends completely on your connection rtmfp/rtmps, number of streams, player version, firewall and so on.

However, I can suggest you one hack which you can use in your app if you want to disable p2p for streams for player 10/10.1. Just make

streamManager.maxP2PStreamPublish = 0 , and none of the streams of yours shouldn’t be p2p. I haven’t tried it but I think it will work. Just give it a shot.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

We do not provide any default option for disabling p2p in our 10 or 10.1 swc, whether streams are p2p depends completely on your connection rtmfp/rtmps, number of streams, player version, firewall and so on.

However, I can suggest you one hack which you can use in your app if you want to disable p2p for streams for player 10/10.1. Just make

streamManager.maxP2PStreamPublish = 0 , and none of the streams of yours shouldn’t be p2p. I haven’t tried it but I think it will work. Just give it a shot.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

So far so good. I have to run this through our QC checking but this worked to turn off on a fresh installation and an upgrade installation of Flash Player.

Level 1

Correction - only works when being pushed to Windows 7 and not to Windows XP. Also does not work when run interactively/manually running the msi file.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----