Expand my Community achievements bar.

Overflowing table row content not moving into the next page

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am facing issue with overflowing table row content. Following is the screenshot of the last page of the form.

overflowing table row issue.JPG

This is how the form has structured.

In the line items table, the column is for the Item Description. contains several fields (8 in number). One of them is batch information.

The Batch Information is a text field for which multiple lines have been enabled.

The Textfield has been made to expand in height.

All the 8 textfields in the "Description" column are wrapped in a flowed subform with page breaks enabled.

The Table Body Row is also made to be page break enabled. The Batch Information Text field can contain hundreds of lines, in which case the page should break

and content should flow into the next page. At the end of each page there is a footer element which is a part of the master page.

In the image inserted in the discussion question, you can see the expanded subform for "Description" column has overlapped into the Master Page content (Footer Element).

Surprisingly it has also gone beyond the area provided by content area.

The line Item table at runtime is getting populated with 2 two rows. The first line item gets populated properly with page breaks and content overflow. The first line item contains around 200 lines in batch information field.

While rendering the second line item, the above mentioned issue happens.

Can you please help me out to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks,

Rohit

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

the page (not the masterpage) which contains the table has to allow page breaks and must flowable top to bottom.

To avoid that the footer is overlapped, you need to shrink the content area on your masterpage, so the footer is located outside under the content area.

Level 2

Hi,

I had the similar issue with multiple headers.To avoid this group the header and content, then the footer can be placed outside the content of the table.

Level 1

I had the same issue. I found that I had subform embedded in subform embedded.... (you get the idea). Well one of my subforms did have have the item "Allow Page Breaks within Content" checked. So this was allowing the multi-line text edit box to be pushed to the next page overlapping the footer. After I checked this item (for ALL subforms embedded together) it did the proper page break without overlapping the footer.