Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

open error workbench

Level 4

hello i have the problem with the workbench, I can not open this program, they told me that most likely the problem is with Office, creates conflict. How can I fix??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

On some occasions there is a conflict with Office 2007 and LC Workbench.  Try uninstalling the Groove 2007 component from Office.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

On some occasions there is a conflict with Office 2007 and LC Workbench.  Try uninstalling the Groove 2007 component from Office.

Level 2

My Workbench just recently stopped working. Every time I try to open it I get a "Could not create the Java virtual machine" popup error.

I have Office 2007 on my machine and Workbench had been working fine with Office 2207 up until now. I do not have Groove 2007 in my Office 2007 suite.

I cannot uninstall or reinstall Workbench because it gives me the same "Could not create..." error.

Is there anything else I can try?

Level 8

You say "recently stopped working",what happened that caused it to stop?  Given the other things you mention, was there a change to the Java running on that client?

Level 2

I don't know what could have caused this. I have not updated the Java running on my machine.

I have recently installed Flash Builder 4 for Flex development, but that's about it.

Level 8

Flash Builder shouln't have caused any problem - I've got several versions of FB and Workbench running on my client.

It does look like a java issue however.  A quick fix may be to re-install Java 1.6 32 bit to the client.  Also make sure the JAVA_HOME points to the 1.6 32 bit version and that it is in the PATH as well.