Expand my Community achievements bar.

Office 2010 & LiveCycleDesigner ES 8.2

Level 2

I have discovered LiveCycle ES 8.2 is not compatible with Office 2010.  When importing a Word Document into LiveCycle, I receive an error message stating "Word (version XP or onwards) could not be found of the machine".  I clearly have Word on my machine. It is included & installed with Office 2010.

Will LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 be patched so it will be compatible with Office 2010?

8 Replies

Level 10

I don't think so.

The only apps that are supporting Office 2010 fiels are Acrobat X and Designer ES2 for now.

Save your Word file as *.doc instead of *.docx and retry the import into Designer.

Level 2

I tried that. It didn't work. I get the same error message. I made sure it was saved as Word 97-2003 document, and even saved it as a .rtf document, and the same error message pops up. It seems to not be related to the file, but to the Word program itself.

Robert Gallagher

Phone:206-766-7040

FAX: 206-786-8910

Level 10

What if use the detour over Acrobat in your Workflow?

Convert the doc into pdf and import this one into Designer.

Level 1

I'm having exactly this same problem, whether the file is .doc or .docx. I got Adobe support to to do a live connect to my desktop but that level of support was not able to resolve the issue, only to verify it, so it was escalated to the next support level.

I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES2 (installed with Acrobat Pro X), Office 2010, running on 32-bit Windows 7. All are patched to the latest versions.

Level 2

Please see my response under http://forums.adobe.com/message/3983628#3983628 .

This should work with LiveCycle 9.0 too.

Level 2

I appreciate your answer, but my IT department feels a registry hack should NOT be the solution.

Since I first posted this issue, I have upgraded to Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 version 9. I still have no solution other than a registry edit, which is unacceptable by our IT department.  It is their understanding that a company as professional & vast as Adobe would issue a patch that would solve a known bug.

Since my original posting in 11/20/2010, has a fix been issued?

Level 1

I tried the registry change suggested by Akusai and it doesn't work.

Level 7

I'm not sure in your business organization, if this is possible or allowed by your IT. On my business PC, I would do a "repair" install of Designer and Acrobat.  But, of course, I set the rules here.