Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Odd Problem with addinstance, first page not saving

Former Community Member

So i've spent a while designing a form for a local police department to aid in their reporting.  I'm having a strange problem using the addinstance function.

Two seperate sections of the form utilize addinstance; witness/subject/victims and the narrative section.  Both sections have buttons to add and remove additional pages as necessary. 

• The witness/subject/victim section works as intended, additional pages can be added or removed and they are retained when saving the document and then reopening the document
  • The narrative section is not working as intended, additional pages can be added or deleted.  The problem comes when the document is re-opened, the first page that is generated using addinstance is no longer present in the file, any pages generated after the first page that was deleted remains.  It's extremely odd and I have no idea what is causing it.

Some possibilities I have already looked into

• Document is saved as a dynamic form
  • Interactive preview type
  • form is previewed as a dnymaic xml form
  • automatically preserve scripting changes to form when saved
  • I'm using acrobat x to enable additional functions so that end-users can fill in the form and saving it utilizing adobe reader

Here's the link to the file, I was unable to share it via acrobat.com  http://www.fileswap.com/dl/kp2BTWSTQR/

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have no clue on how to fix this!

-ian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ian,

I think you have some code in the docReady event of form1 which is causing you problems.  There are also some JavaScript exceptions coming up, looks like test code but have you got "show console on errors and messages" within Reader/Arobat (Edit ... Preferences ... JavaScript)

Good luck

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ian,

I think you have some code in the docReady event of form1 which is causing you problems.  There are also some JavaScript exceptions coming up, looks like test code but have you got "show console on errors and messages" within Reader/Arobat (Edit ... Preferences ... JavaScript)

Good luck

Bruce

Former Community Member

Thank you so much Bruce, that did it!  I knew it was something simple like that.