Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help with Adobe barcode decoder version 7.0 (PDF 417), changing the service logon user id

Level 1

Hello I am fairly new to the adobe barcode decoder (PDF 417) application. We have an application that was developed about a while ago, now we are in the process of hosting the whole service in a new machine. Before hosting in new machine we were testing few things in the existing system; currently the adobe barcode decoder is running on an windows server 2003 with the "Local system account" in the Log on tab of the service. We would like to test whether the service can be run using an NT account. We did change the account from LocalSystem to one of the network account and when we start the service, it will stop immediately and getting the following error in the event log.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AdobeBarcodeDecoder

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( AdobeBarcodeDecoder ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Problem with the USB key: INITIALIZE.

any help to solve this issue is really appreciated. We checked the access rights of the account that is trying to run the service and the account is part of the local administrators group. But When we change the service account back to "Local System Account" it is working fine. Any idea or am I missing any step?

Thanks

Suganya

0 Replies