Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help setting initial page with script

Level 2

I have a file that has several pages. Pages 2-4 could have multiple instances by clicking an add page button. I have the initial page set to 1, minimum page set to 0. The user can delete the initial page which works fine. The problem is when they save the file and reopen the page that was deleted comes back. How can I get around this?

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Just for your information please cross check this. Click on : File -> Form Properties -> Defaults -> Then on the Preserve script changes when saved click on the Automatically Radio Button.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply however I do not think that will help. The problem is that with an initial count set to 1 in the binding tab. When the form is closed and reopened then the initial count sets the page back to 1.

Level 9

Hi,

So what do you need over here? Do you need that there should be atleast one page of the type or even it is possible to delete parent page also? In that case you can un-check both the inital count and the min count of the subforms/pages and see what happens.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 2

No the problem is that if you do not specify either an initial page or a min page in the dialog then you have no page. If you specifiy a min page of 1 then you cannot delete that page if you set min to 0 and initial to 1 then you have one page that can be deleted but when you save the file the page comes back as you told the application to give you a minimum of one page.

This is something that has to be handled with script.