Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Need help fetching value from a fragment radio button

Level 4

Good morning everyone,

Im struggling with the fetching of a value hidden in a radio button (RB).

My scneario is like this:

I have 3 Master Pages (MP):

1 splashscreen (SC)

1 for english (pEn)

1 for french  (pFr)  

And i have 3 pages 1 for each.

Inside those MP's i use a fragment radiobutton that is setup to gather what language the user wants to use: fr or eng.

Now when i fire off this form, my SC comes up first. On that page i have the fragment showing and the user is asked to choose fr or eng in order to proceed.

This all works well for now and i can even see that my fragment RB displays what ever choice the user made correctly.

Now my issue is that i would like to capture via javascript, the current value of my RB no matter what page im on.

This is where i have issues. ALSO, my pages or invisible except for the language page you've selected to be on.

This means that out of 3 pages, i always just have 1/3 pages shown everytime i make my decsion on my SC page.

so here is what i wrote so far:

var  tempLangChoices = form1.pageSet.Page1.LAng_choice_1.Lang_choice;

this works but only if im on page1, i would like this to be more global. so one sentence that can always fetch the value from anywhere and right now i cant make that happen.

Does anyone have to insite on how i could get this to work so i can fetch that value from anywhere in my form reguardless of if this page or that page is invisible?

Thank you so much,

Patrick

0 Replies