Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Need Expert Help. Application form.

Level 1

I have Acrobat Pro 9 and I created an employment application form through LiveCycle Designer ES.   Basically my issue is that it seems like 1 out of 20 submitted applications, the form will be blank.  However the form isnt really blank.  If I click on one of the lines the information will appear.  but when I click on a different line, the previous information will disappear and the current line will appear.  I dont know if this problem comes from the user's version or computer or if its something I forgot or didnt know to do when creating the application.  I am lost.  Again its only maybe 1 out of 20 applications I receive. I have figured out how to print out the "blank" application for the information to appear.  I would go to Forms>Add or Edit Fields.  I would have to change the font color to say black though it is black already.  Anyway it would make everything appear and the fonts are different than what I specified in the creation of the form. It's a mystery.  Anyone who could help or give me advice I would appreciate it.  

1 Reply

Former Community Member

My guess is that those submission are coming from a user who filled out your form usinng a Mac and then using the software for viewing a PDF called

Preview. This software is known to cause these issues. If you could get that user to use Reader instead then I believe your issue will go away.

There is another way that you can see the data and it is described in this post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfdevjunkie/script_to_fix_mac_osx_previewa.html

Hope that helps

Paul