Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

My text fields will not expand

Level 1

I have a suggestion form that i created in adobe livecycle. The text fields will not expand when there is more text than what fits in the box. A scroll bar comes up when there is more text than what can fit,  but this will not do. I have the 'expand to fit' checked and allow multiple lines. Any help?

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Have a look at this example of the process for making fields dynamic: http://assure.ly/g80MVY.

A couple of pointers:

1. The form will need to be saved as a Dynamic XML Form in the save-as dialog.
  2. You should group objects that don't need to be flowed into a Positioned subform(s), as step 3 will move things around.
  3. The page will need to be set to Flowed in the Object > Subform palette.

That should get you most of the way there.

Niall

Level 4

Hi,

Try saving the form as Dynamic PDF and find the sample below

https://acrobat.com/#d=v5knhNk4ZnNEVCkO6zmY6A

To see the dynamic expansion in preview of Designer, you have to set File > Form Properties > Preview : and Preview Adobe XML Form as "Dyanmic XML form".

I hope this should work.

thanks,

Rajesh

Level 1

Ok,

So i saved the file as a Acrobat 7 (Dynamic) XML form...and for each text field i have it to allow multiple lines and expand to fit. I clicked outside of my text fields and chagned the content to "flowed" -- flow direction 'top to bottom' and allow page breaks within content. I go to preview and it still does not expand the text box when there is more text than what i can see. The plus sign still pops up in the lower left hand corner. Any help? Thanks for the attempt

Level 1

Just to add....i placed the text field boxes down

before i made the area a subform. do i need to do this first?

Level 10

Hi,

You don't need to do it, but it will probably help.

If you already have the objects on the page, then it is easy to group these into a subform. Just select all of the objects and then righ-click on one of them. In the menu there will be an option to "Wrap in a subform".  Select this and then in the hierarchy give this new subform a name.

Hope that helps,

Niall