Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multi-line entries in drop-down

Level 3

Hi - I have a drop-down with a very long list, displaying in a fixed field area. Some of the entries are very long, and since the drop-down only allows one line, the rest of the entry is obscured. Is there any way to get the drop-down to display multi-line? Or at least to commit the selection to the fixed filed area as multi-line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

A dropdown list oly shows single lines.

But you can use a textfield as alias to design something similar.

I have a sample form with a table that uses a dropdown field that is generally with white text.

When you enter the drpdown the text becomes black.

You can select one entry that then will be populated in a alias textfield that can show multiple lines.

After that, the text in the dropdown returns back to white.

Multiline_DD_1.jpg

Multiline_DD_2.jpg

https://acrobat.com/#d=kvGJ4kTvXaZHj5g6LJpP6Q

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

A dropdown list oly shows single lines.

But you can use a textfield as alias to design something similar.

I have a sample form with a table that uses a dropdown field that is generally with white text.

When you enter the drpdown the text becomes black.

You can select one entry that then will be populated in a alias textfield that can show multiple lines.

After that, the text in the dropdown returns back to white.

Multiline_DD_1.jpg

Multiline_DD_2.jpg

https://acrobat.com/#d=kvGJ4kTvXaZHj5g6LJpP6Q

Level 1

Can you explain the alias textfield a little more? I'm very new to livecycle.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi Radzmar,

Please help me out here, I am dealing with the same problem and I am a real newby with livecycle.

Are you using a normal table? Or just textfields next to each other? Because when I make a table and try to ' overlay' a cell with a dropdownmenu, the menu automatically takes over the cell. And my table doesn't flow/allow multiple lines either...

Hope you can help me out!

ps: and were can I adjust the settings for the letter colours into the white-black-white story like your example? hmmm I need a serious workaround, sorry...;-)

Message was edited by: ellino

Level 1

what are steps to create?  Your sample above is a linked image to purchase Acrobat.

Level 1

I have been trying to do this over and over again and your example is exactly what i am trying to do.  Please explain.  I am trying to work in Forms but it isn't happening for me.  Is is some code in the preferences?  Please help.

Level 7

Radzmar- is it possible to send me this file - mousland@gmail.com. For some reason I cannot get the file from the URL you provided in the solution.

Thank you.

Level 1

Are you able to post the script here? Adobe has apparently scrubbed all of these old threads, and they are not even available via Wayback Machine.

Level 2

Hi Radzmar, could you publish the file again, the url don't works.

Thanks in advance.

Level 1

Hi Radzmar,

Could you send me the file at ericq0186@gmail.com? The current URL link is dead - it did not work.

Thank you.

Level 2

Hi Radzmar,

Your multi-line drop-down list looks fantastic!  The link to your PDF form file is no longer active.  Can you please update the link or send me the file at kevin@smartdoctech.com?

Thank you!

Level 1

Hi Radzma, can you please send me the link to the document (if you still have it?) I would really appreciate it.  lisond69@gmail.com

thank you

Level 7

I just sent you a sample file. I hope it helps.

Level 1

Hi Mouslander ,can you send me a sample file ? thanks..... !

[Personal mail address removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

Level 8

I need this sample, the link doesn't work. Thank you.

Tarek

Level 1

The link is no longer active. Does anyone have a step-by-step for creating this?

Level 7

Send me your email address and i can send you the sample I created.

Level 7

I can send you the sample if you give me your email address