Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Moving an object using arrow keys

Former Community Member

I think I changed  the default distance to move an object using the arrow keys from 1 Point (1/72 of an inch). Can someone help me with changing it back to the default or tell me how to adjust the distance you can move an object like a text field using the arrow keys. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It's based on your grid Interval setting on the Drawing Aids palette. For a 1 point grid you would need an Interval of 12/pc (although it says points the grid measurement is picas, 12 points to the pica).

I find 1 point too fine, I use a grid of 4/pc (3 points) and have all my object measurements base around multiples of 3.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

It's based on your grid Interval setting on the Drawing Aids palette. For a 1 point grid you would need an Interval of 12/pc (although it says points the grid measurement is picas, 12 points to the pica).

I find 1 point too fine, I use a grid of 4/pc (3 points) and have all my object measurements base around multiples of 3.