Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mirroring values

Former Community Member

Two questions from a noob.

1.  I have a form that needs to mirror what the user enters in one text field into a identical text field.  So after the user types info in TextField1, then exits the field, the exact information shows in TextField2.

TextField2.rawvalue = TextField1.rawvalue;

Doesn't work, what did I do wrong?

2.  Same question, but this time a radio button.  User chooses a value on RadioButton1 then RadioButton2 mirrors the input.

Thanks,

Don

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try TextField2.rawValue=this.rawValue; on the exit event.

Also you could use Global Binding - make sure both fields have the same name and change the binding to Global - no scripting needed.

Radio buttons are a little different as you script to the group, not the individual buttons (though I guess you could).

Assuming the second radio button is in a radio button list called "RadioButtonList2" try this on the click/change event of the first radio button list:

if (this.rawValue==1){
RadioButtonList2.rawValue="1";
}

You'll need to double check the values of the radio buttons to make sure they are correct.

Attaching a quick sample - hopefully it won't be queued forever!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

Try to use TextField2.rawValue = TextField1.rawValue; instead of TextField2.rawvalue = TextField1.rawvalue;

BR

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately didn't work.  On exit from the TextField1 I can get this to work:

TextField2.rawValue = "TEST";

Do I have to convert rawvalue to string or something?

TextField2.rawValue = str(TextField1.rawValue)

Thanks,

Don

Level 6

No, it has to work wthout converting. Could you post youre form?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try TextField2.rawValue=this.rawValue; on the exit event.

Also you could use Global Binding - make sure both fields have the same name and change the binding to Global - no scripting needed.

Radio buttons are a little different as you script to the group, not the individual buttons (though I guess you could).

Assuming the second radio button is in a radio button list called "RadioButtonList2" try this on the click/change event of the first radio button list:

if (this.rawValue==1){
RadioButtonList2.rawValue="1";
}

You'll need to double check the values of the radio buttons to make sure they are correct.

Attaching a quick sample - hopefully it won't be queued forever!

Former Community Member

Thanks, worked like a charm.

Two other minor questions.

1.  Anyway to make the cross in the box a different color?

2.  Why can't I tab to a radio group?

Level 10

I'm not sure if there's a way to script it, but I found a way to do it in the xml source.

With a checkbox selected go to the xml source tab, the first line of the checkbox code will be highlighted. A few lines down there should be a font tag something like this:

<font typeface="Myriad Pro"/>

You want to make it look like this (this example will make it solid blue):

<font typeface="Myriad Pro">
      <fill>
           <color value="0,0,255"/>
      </fill>
</font>

Once you've got it the way you like it drag the checkbox into your Object Library for re-use.

You should be able to tab to the group without problem, but you can't tab between radio buttons - if you want that functionality then you'll have to script checkboxes. Or use John Brinkman's exclusion group scripts found at http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2008/12/exclusion_groups_v40.html