Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Message box with a realy long text content...

Former Community Member

Hello!

This client would like to have this form with a message box containing some instructions - something really long and detailed. This box should be opened by pressing a button on the form.

As I understand there's no way of placing a scroll bar on a PDF message box. So... what's left?

I thought of creating a subform and making it invisible, turning its visibility on when the button was pressed. Now, what would be the best choice for a text field in this form? I tried a plain text object but then there is no scrolling bar. I also tried a text field - same results.

Please, any ideas?

Thank you!

Marcos

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Marcos,

For something like this, I would recommend Windjack Solutions' AcroDialog plugin for Acrobat: http://www.windjack.com/product/acrodialogs/.

While you can script dialog boxes from scratch, the plugin makes it so much simplier.

You create the dialog in the Acrobat plugin, copy the code and then paste it into the click event of the button in LC Designer.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

I frequently use the Tooltip for this.I place Help (styled like a link) in each section.

Stephen