Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Message box in function returning a list is deleting the list created...(Dialog box)

Level 10

Hi there,

I am working with a complex dialog, its purpose is to manage a section within the PDF.

I am using a "mclv" object within the dialog box to represent some data entered in the PDF to be able to manage the outcome in another section.

I have created a function which creates the list object based on a previous section within the PDF, the function works perfectly fine.

But I have a small issue, the function used to create the list object for the dialog box is making a verification with the old list created before, if any,

and if it is anyhow different from the old list I need to alert the user that the list has been modified and if there was any changes applied for the outcome it will be reset and needs to be recreated.

But when poping that message box, all lists are deleted and nothing is displayed in the "mclv" objects.

if I remove the message box, the lists are all fine...

Is there anyone that have encountered something like this before? if yes, any solution to this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've asked my question a little too fast, I've already found a work around

But I still don't understand why it's behaving like this tho...

I've just thought how to work around this issue.

if anyone encountered this issue can use this solution:

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I've asked my question a little too fast, I've already found a work around

But I still don't understand why it's behaving like this tho...

I've just thought how to work around this issue.

if anyone encountered this issue can use this solution:

Level 10

Hi,

A complete stab in the dark, but could this be related to "Enforce Strict Scoping Rules".  Do you get the same thing happening if you remove <?acrobat JavaScript strictScoping?> from the XML Source?

Having Strict Scoping set can cause the garbage collection to be more aggressive.

Regards

Bruce

Level 10

Thanks for answering,

I unchecked the "Enforce Script Scoping Rules" and unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem..

It would have been one good reason for its behaviour but that's not quite it..

Thanks for trying. After further analysis, I will not be keeping this dialog.

I'll be using another method for what I'm trying to do, but thanks for the help!