Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Make buttons disappear after Signature

Level 2

I am trying to get two buttons to disappear after a form is signed.  I am using the following to try to accomplish this by using the following Javascript code under the 'postSign' event:

addRemove.addRow.presence="hidden";
addRemove.removeRow.presence="hidden";

*addRemove is the subform; addRow is button No. 1; removeRow is button No. 2

The LiveCycle application immediately prompts a message that the Signature Text object contains 'a feature not supported by the target version.'  and does not work when tested.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl put that code on the preSign event rather than the postSign. Note that if you are targetting an early version of Reader/Acrobat that these events were not part  of that release. I believe (but I am  not sure) they were added in the 8.1 timeframe.

paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl put that code on the preSign event rather than the postSign. Note that if you are targetting an early version of Reader/Acrobat that these events were not part  of that release. I believe (but I am  not sure) they were added in the 8.1 timeframe.

paul

Level 2

It worked.  Thank you...though I don't understand why it wouldn't work Post-Sign.  Oh well, I've just decided to do away with that code and place a 'Finalize Form' button to remove all the buttons on the form, instead.  That way I don't have to worry about version compatibility issues either or have to think of a way to bring the buttons back if they cancel in the middle of the signing process.

Thank you very much for your help.

Former Community Member

The signature will use the template as part of the signature ....so if something changes in the template the the signature breaks. By putting this code on post Sign you are changing the template and thus the signature ...In presign the change happens before the signature is applied ...and thus the signature works fine.

Hope that helps

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----