Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Maintaining the X and Y axis of a subform

Former Community Member

Hi,

Need help for the scenario mentioned below:

I have a table , the data of which overflows. Below the table i have a subform. When the data in the table overflows to the next page, i need the subform below it to be placed in the same position ie at the end of the page. But when i keep it flowed, it just appends itself to the position where the overflow ends. But instead, i require the subform in a fixed position. Is there any code that i can write to maintain the axes? Please advise.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Have a look at this example that tracks the position of a white line (yMarker) and adjusts the height of the subform above to suit. http://assure.ly/pGOS6t.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly the same scenario that is required. However, i am not clear with the resolution. Could you please advise on how the height of spacer subform above it is adjusted? Also, please share the code if any scripting is used.

iThanks in advance!

Level 10

Hi,

The script is in the layout:ready event of the subform "scriptForSpacer":

/*

This is a spacer object. Its height is determined by:

742.89 = height of the content area

xfa.layout.y(yMarker) = y coordinates of the white line

26 = height of terms and conditions text object

*/

this.h = 742.89 - xfa.layout.y(yMarker) - 26 + "pt";

xfa.layout.relayout();

If your form is always longer than 2 pages, then you could go for two Master Pages, with the second restricted to a min of one instance and a max of one instance.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall. I still face a few issues as there is another static page just after the data mentioned in the earlier mails. Will i be able to share the XDP with you as it will give a better clarity on the requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Level 10

Hi,

If you upload the form to a file sharing site like Acrobat.com; publish it; and then share the published link here.

I will have a look when I can.

Niall

Former Community Member

Thank you. I have uploaded and published the same . Link : https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=4zUnaeGiYK1wIxtong1eaQ

The data after the spacer in the first always has to occur in the same position even when the data in the table above in overflows. And finally will occur the second page as in the design. I had coded for the spacer to manipulate its Y co-ordinate. But the position is not maintained. Could you please advise.