Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Loop over repeating subform not executing on deployed version

Level 1

My problem that I'm having with my form is that I have a loop that goes over each instance in a repeating subform. The intention is to do some validation on it for the users so that if they fill in any of the fields in a row the entire row becomes required. But my loop works great for myself. In livecycle designer (ES4) and in the browser when deployed. The problem is when our QA tester is testing it from her computer that loop doesn't execute. It is failing on the first line calling .all. (see loop below). I have message boxes in and they will hit Test 1 but not the Test 2 box. When I try it goes through like I expect it to. I have tried to write the loop different using xfa.resolveNodes and building the field name dynamically as a string but the same thing happens. I'm not sure if this is actually a binding issue or the way my subform is setup.

xfa.host.messageBox("Test 1");

var items = Page2.CCDetailsGroup.CCDetails.all;

xfa.host.messageBox("Test 2");

for(i = 0; i < items.length; i++){

var name = items.item(i).PartyName1.rawValue;

var address = items.item(i).PartyAddress1.rawValue;

var cityStateZip = items.item(i).PartyCityStateZip1.rawValue;

var failed = false;

if (name != null && (address == null || cityStateZip == null)){

failed = true;

}

else if (address != null && (name == null || cityStateZip == null)){

failed = true;

}

else if (cityStateZip != null && (address == null || name == null)){

failed = true;

}

if (failed){

FoundMissing = true;

xfa.host.setFocus(items.item(i).PartyName1);

items.item(i).asteriskCCDetails.presence = "visible";

}

}

I couldn't find anything similar to this searching. So if anyone knows of a similar question/answer and can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Brad

0 Replies