Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Long Lived processes not working at all

Level 2

This has just recently happened and there have been no changes made on the server, (with the exception of restarting the server after finding out about this issue.).  No long lived processes are currently working at all.  The rendering (short lived) processes seem to work, but if it needs to go beyond that, it doesn't happen.  And there is no sign that the process ever exisited at all. We first saw this happening when we went to terminate the lone process running on the server.  It did not allow us to do so.  We've attached an image of the error.  Then we tried running new processes and that's when we found that they're not being created.

This led us to believe that there is possibly something wrong in the database, like the process table was dropped or something.  But when we looked  the table were in fact there.  So we decided to create a new test process that would render a simple form, pre-populated with the users common name, and when the user clicked complete, would route itself back to that user.  After that it would end.  The purpose was just to see if we could route anything.  Needless to say this test failed.  The rendering portion worked, but the process never goes beyond that.  The end user (in workspace) gets no indication that anything is wrong.  It looks as though the process runs fine.  But in the admin console, you will not see any instance of the process.  The process table is created, but with no data in it.

We then decided to attempt to invoke the process from work bench.  We received an error when attempting to do so.  I've attached an image of that error also.

Anyone have any ideas?  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

invoke_from_workbench_error.JPG

terminate_process_error.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If something fails it will generate a stack trace in the log .....you may want to go through support at this point as there is not much we can do here for you.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I am wondering if something is not getting started correctly ....do you have access to the sytem log?

If so restart the server and have a look in the log ...if something did not start correctly it will be in there.

Paul

Level 2

Thank you for your quick response.  I will need too talk with our infrastructure admins.  I'll post log once I have it.  Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for in the log?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If something fails it will generate a stack trace in the log .....you may want to go through support at this point as there is not much we can do here for you.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----