Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Login Dialog

Level 2

I want users to login to a room.  I'm exploring the LoginDialog.mxml sample that comes with the SDK.  I'm getting a couple of errors.  My question is, where should I enter the initial roomURL and my(host) password?

The other two errors I'm getting are:

Description Resource Path Location Type The style 'borderSides' is only supported by type 'mx.containers.ViewStack' with the theme(s) 'halo'. LoginDialog.mxml /TestLogin/src line 154 Flex Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type

The style 'borderThickness' is only supported by type 'mx.containers.ViewStack' with the theme(s) 'halo'. LoginDialog.mxml /TestProject/src line 154 Flex Problem

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

When you run the LoginDialog example ( after your errors are fixed), you get first prompted with a dialog box. There will be one section for entering room url, one for your login and one for your password. Those fields will have some junk default value and you would need to remove that and enter your credentials.

Coming back to your error, when the latest Flex SDK with spark components were released, they removed some of the border style properties from the mx component set. That’s why you are getting those errors( I am sure you are using latest Flash Builder and Flex 4.0). You can do two things to fix it

a)Remove those border styles. I am attaching an updated file with those removed. You can use it directly.

b) In case you are only going to use mx components in your project, then you can go to Project->Properties->Flex Build Path->Library Path tab and there you will see the radiobutton "Mx+Spark" is selected by default. You can select "MX only" button instead. But remember, doing so will restrict you from using any spark component. So, best will be to go with option a.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

When you run the LoginDialog example ( after your errors are fixed), you get first prompted with a dialog box. There will be one section for entering room url, one for your login and one for your password. Those fields will have some junk default value and you would need to remove that and enter your credentials.

Coming back to your error, when the latest Flex SDK with spark components were released, they removed some of the border style properties from the mx component set. That’s why you are getting those errors( I am sure you are using latest Flash Builder and Flex 4.0). You can do two things to fix it

a)Remove those border styles. I am attaching an updated file with those removed. You can use it directly.

b) In case you are only going to use mx components in your project, then you can go to Project->Properties->Flex Build Path->Library Path tab and there you will see the radiobutton "Mx+Spark" is selected by default. You can select "MX only" button instead. But remember, doing so will restrict you from using any spark component. So, best will be to go with option a.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----