Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

LocalConnection

Former Community Member

Hi,

I was just trying a local connection for the first time and I am not having any luck. The LocalConnection sample states LocalConnection.air app must be run but I assume that functionality is now part of the SDK Navigator via Local Server. I have the local server running and listening.

When I first launched the sample app it never reached creation complete since none of the UI containers rendered. I ran a debug and the LocalAuthenticator and the ConnectSessionContainer were being instantiated. When I try to re-run the app it throws a “Error #2802: Connect failed because the object is already connected.”.

I upgraded the SDK on Monday and made the applicable changes for the rtc namespace.

What am I doing wrong (or not doing)?

Thanks,
Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

As mentioned, I am attaching an .air app that does the LocalConnection for you. When you install and the app starts, the server is already started.

I am also attaching our SessionManagerLocalConnection,as file with the changes that will prevent the error "the object is already connected". When you run your LocalConnection example, you might have to link to source instead of using the swc and replace your SessionManagerLocalConnection file with this one. However, without this also, things should work fine. Just that you might encounter that "object is already connected" error.

Let me know if the local connection still creates any problem for you.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I will take a look into this. Is by any chance you killed your previous client instance that had local connection. In that case, you will get this error till the client instance isn’t closed properly. It’s a quite famous flash client error with any LocalConnection. Googling will give you more details. However, I will try to find a workaround of this error on investigation.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

I guess I identified the problem though the reason is still vague. It could be because of a namespace change we had that somewhere the there was some version difference failing the LocalConnection ( the reason for not seeing an UI) while running the sample.

I will provide you a temp build (may be an air app) of just the local connection server within a day. You should run it then and let me know.

Its working fine on my side and once you can also validate, other users may also use it.

And lastly, I will put some try catch block in the updated server so that users like you do not face the problem of "object is already connected".

Should be able to get back within tomorrow with the changes.

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

As mentioned, I am attaching an .air app that does the LocalConnection for you. When you install and the app starts, the server is already started.

I am also attaching our SessionManagerLocalConnection,as file with the changes that will prevent the error "the object is already connected". When you run your LocalConnection example, you might have to link to source instead of using the swc and replace your SessionManagerLocalConnection file with this one. However, without this also, things should work fine. Just that you might encounter that "object is already connected" error.

Let me know if the local connection still creates any problem for you.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

That's wonderful Hironmay. I will give it a go.

Thanks,

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----