Expand my Community achievements bar.

Loading drop down field takes 30 secs

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to load a drop down field dynamically, but it takes about 30 secs. The main problem is that I am taking the values from an XML which has 5000 nodes. Is there any way I can make it work faster??

Currently, I get the XML from an LDAP call and is stored in an form field. Then, at the enter event of the drop down field, the script calls a function to get the values from the XML. The values are not taken fom the XML directly, but the values are modified, put in an array, sorted and then aded to the drop down field. Sorting doesnt take much time and it is the for loop, which fetches the values from the XML, that takes almost 25 secs. I also do have a workflow built on workbench to make the LDAP call.

Regards,

Nakul

2 Replies

Level 10

Nakul,

If you have a workbench process for getting the LDAP data and generate an XML, I assume the input XML at the time of rendering will have all the 5000 nodes in it.

The dropdown has Ddynamic Properties mapping which can help you in this. In the properties of the Dropdown, click on List Items in Field tab. Select the data connection name and set the Binding values for the drop down. Instead of doing the soring in the form, you may try sorting the data while getting it from LDAP.

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Srini - Thanks for you response. Now actually we are trying to make the LDAP call at the exit of the field and changing the field from a drop down to a text field and this seems to be much better in performance. Once again, thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Nakul