Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

LiveCycle for Mac

Level 1

Hello all,

I am new to LiveCycle and is tasked with converting a company's form to an interactive fillable PDF form. I went online and found out about livecycle designer.

My question is, do I need to install the livecycle server, workbench and designer to get this done. The aim is to have the data stored in a database when submitted by clients as well.

Is there an easy way to install the livecycle suite in one go?

Additionally, is there a livecycle download available for Mac? or will I need to use a virtual environment?

Looking forward to a response.

Passetta

2 Replies

Employee

Yes, you can use LiveCycle designer to create interactive forms. If you want whole automation of the process where this form will be used then you have to install LiveCycle server.

Just to provide a brief:

LiveCycle Server- If you need to automate your business process and store relevant data you need to install LiveCycle server. (This is in your context, otherwise with LiveCycle you can achieve a lot of things. For overview: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/Overview/lc_overview_ds.pdf )

LiveCycle Workbench- Its an eclipse based tool to design LiveCycle orchestration via drag and drop tools. For more: Adobe LiveCycle ES4 * About Adobe LiveCycle Workbench 11

LiveCycle Designer- It is specifically used to design forms. If you will install Workbench, installer will give you an option to install Designer on its own.

Additionally, you cannot install LiveCycle server on MAC. For complete list of supported entities go through the below link:

LiveCycle Help | Adobe LiveCycle ES4 Supported Platforms

Thanks,

Sachin

Level 1

Thank you Sachin, Really appreciate it.

I have seen a "LiveCycle in three day Days" video training and will make use of it as I intend to get certified.