Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LiveCycle Designer reports errors while opening pdf

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'm testing LiveCycle Designer on a 6 pages form.

I created the form todat and everything works perfectly.

After my last save LiveCycle Designer cannot open the file (it suddenly crashes) but if I try to open the file in Adobe Reader the file works correctly.

What can I do to understand what's happening?

Is there a tool to check pdf error for LiveCycle Designer?

Now I need to modify the form but I cannot open it anymore.

Thank you for help.

Marco

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are some settings written to your user directory that could be corrupted. I assume that you have installed on

the c drive. Can you go into this location and delete the files there ...then try again:

C:\Documents and Settings\logged in username\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2

When you launch Designer again those files will be recreated.

Paul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

Its hard to say without seeing the form.

Can you send it to me and I will have a look?

LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

Former Community Member

The problem seems not related to specific PDF.

LifeCycle Designer crashes whenever I try to import a PDF.

I'm trying to repair installation.

Marco

Former Community Member

Then it sounds like your Designer is corrupted .....did you by chance add any new software in the last little while? There is a known issue where other software updates a system dll that designer uses and this causes the crash.

If not then I would uninstall and reinstall designer.

Paul

Former Community Member

I only added Adobe Reader 9.3 Italian version to test files.

But this was before the problem came up.

Marco

Former Community Member

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Livecycle Designer but I always receive the same error.

Do I have to uninstall completely Acrobat Pro?

Former Community Member

No they are independant programs ......and you get the error each time you open a form into your designer? If you open designer on its own then create a new form, save it then open it again ...do you get the crash?

Paul

Former Community Member

If I create a new form (also using a blank page) it begins to create it. While it is updating left-tree elements, the program crashes.

So it cannot create new form anymore.

Marco

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are some settings written to your user directory that could be corrupted. I assume that you have installed on

the c drive. Can you go into this location and delete the files there ...then try again:

C:\Documents and Settings\logged in username\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2

When you launch Designer again those files will be recreated.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you Paul,

deleting the files in Application Data solved the problem.

Marco

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----