Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Designer removed during update of Acrobat Pro DC

Level 1

In August 2016 I purchased yet another (I have been upgrading since 2007) Acrobat Pro DC license specifically for the purpose of using LiveCycle Designer.  During a subsequent update, my installed LiveDesigner was surreptitiously removed with no prior notice (even though I had paid for that specific functionality).  I didn't find out until I tried to update some critical forms at the last minute.  Searching through these forums earlier this year I found a discussion where an Adobe rep conceded it was a mistake and said they had a program for registered owners of the "Classic" desktop versions could call in and receive a download link to restore the LiveCycle Designer.  Well, I tried that several times and got nowhere.  After several calls, I was finally referred to the "Conflict Resolution" center (???)  and I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone with a patient person who finally agreed to send me the link to the program.  However, when he discovered I am a personal end-user with a single license and not a 'company account' he said he was unable to fulfill the request!  He told me to call the regular support line again.  After I called the 'regular' support line back, the rep was adamant there was no such provision to restore LiveCycle Designer, that he could not find that discussion in these forums, and he rudely terminated the call.  That was a while ago.  Anytime I call back I keep getting told to buy a different product.  Now I have to update some forms and need the functionality.

Can anyone at Adobe please provide a resolution - other than having to buy yet another version?  (I am currently at v2015.006.30394.)  Even if LiveCycle is no longer being updated, I was using the existing version happily with no problems.  This whole episode has left me extremely hesitant to buy anything 'Adobe' when it may reach in and disable a purchased product with no notice whatsoever.  Thank you.

1 Reply

Level 1

I found the article mentioned above:

Upgrade Adobe Designer from Acrobat

Trying again....