Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LiveCycle Designer ES performance becomes poor

Former Community Member

Hi,

It is very strange that, every time I put a little more content in form design, the performance of ES will become very poor.

I'm using Windows 7 and ES version 8.1.2.3337.1.509884.

For example, a print form whose size is only 1074KB (16652 lines of XML ) will lead to ES becoming the largest comsumer of system resources: up-to 25% of the CPU and 121,872K memory according to Windows task manager. System even got hung if I try to switch to XML Source. 

Is it normal? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

-Vicky

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You shoudl remove those lines ...instead of replacing them.

There are service packs that fix this issue for your version of Designer. You woudl need to apply SP3 and then when you open the form in Designer it will remove those lines "automagically".

If applying a service pack is not an option I have a style sheet that I can apply to the xdp that will fix it up. If you want to send the xdp to me I can run that program on it and return the fixed  up version. SEnd the file and a description of the problem to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you save the form as an XDP and see what its size is? Also can you click on the XML tab and scroll through the file .....you are looking for a repeated line

(it will be obvious if you see it).

Let is know what the result of these two tests are.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply.

Test 1: save the form as xdp file.

>>>>

Size: 1084KB.

Test2: click on the XML tab and scroll through the file

>>>>

I even can not scroll down the file as the computer kept hung.

I open it with an text editor and yes, there're huge number of duplicated line as below

----clip----

<border presence="hidden">
                              <?templateDesigner StyleID aped0?>

----clap----

On every place for border settings.

There're total 11856 occurrences for " <?templateDesigner StyleID aped0?>" in this XML, which in total has 16864 lines. Kinda creazy.

After replacing all of them with " ", the XDP size shrinks into 653KB and the XML Source could be viewed normally in Lifecycle.

For me this looks like a SW bug.

-Vicky

Level 10

Correct, this is a know bug in Designer 8.1.

If it's possible for you, try to update.

Otherwise you have to check your files manually in the way you described before you described before.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You shoudl remove those lines ...instead of replacing them.

There are service packs that fix this issue for your version of Designer. You woudl need to apply SP3 and then when you open the form in Designer it will remove those lines "automagically".

If applying a service pack is not an option I have a style sheet that I can apply to the xdp that will fix it up. If you want to send the xdp to me I can run that program on it and return the fixed  up version. SEnd the file and a description of the problem to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----