Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Designer 2 removed from my programs

Level 1

Hello,

I found out that LiveCycle Designer is automatically removed from a users PC once one upgrades to AcrobatDC Pro via Creatvie Cloud.
As much as I find this unprofessional and scammy, I want to know how I can get it back.

I used to work with the Master Suite CS6 until late 2016, when I upgraded to the Creative Suite 2017. Until then I could use LiveCycle Desinger 2 to create PDF forms with all of LiveCycle's advantages over Acrobat.
Unfortunately I use LiveCycle only once or twice a year for special PDF forms which are essential to me, so I noticed just now.

I paid a lot of money (around 2600 €) for the MasterSuite CS6 and have a yearly 800 € subscription of the CC Creative Cloud... yet Adobe removes programs from my PC without my knowledge, makes them a stand-alone software and doesn't lose a word about it?

What am I supposed to do now?
Is there a way to get LiveCycle back on my PC without removing Acrobat DC Pro or purchasing yet another piece of software, which used to be part of my initial product?
Is there any compensation from Adobe for such cases?

I don't need the lastest LiveCycle, ES2 worked just fine for me. But I must have it.

Thanks very much for your help.

2 Replies

Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I already read that document many times and it hasn't solved my problem.

I called Adobe today and they told me I was eligible (due to the MasterSuite CS6) but too late to apply for an upgrade. However, I did not accept this as a solution and started a ticket. They're going to review my case and get back to me.

This may take 1 or 2 days unfortunately, so I am still unable to work with the PDF forms.

I wish I could spend my time working with the adobe software rather than making calls and posting on forums in order to solve issues which were caused by Adobe.