Expand my Community achievements bar.

LCCS Stream Synchronization issue

Former Community Member

Hello all!

I'm experiencing some synchronization loss depending on connection being used. Sometimes the video goes ahead while sound does not and vice-versa, specially when the video activity is increased. Is there any known way to improve the synchronization between audio and video?  Is there any way to redefine some other parameters that could help like buffers length? And, finaly, can I publish my own NetStream into LCCS session without, of course, needing to use an external FMS?

Many thanks!

Renato A. Ferreira

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I achieved good progress doing the following:

• Extending the WebcamPublisher to attach the MicrophoneManager.selectedMic on same stream used for cameras;
  • Extending the WebcamSubscriber to control the player buffering;
  • Stop using the AudioPublisher/Subscriber in video sessions.

Now the audio+video appears to be perfectly synchronized, but this configuration added a noticeable delay in presetation slide changes that is using a simple SharedObject. I supose that it's happens due to buffer added in AV stream.

I still have many things to learn about the StreamManager and the rest of SDK, but I will keep trying to improve this synchronization behaviour. Due to these problems I'm finding a strong resistence to adopt LCCS for video included sessions.

Former Community Member

Hi Renato,

I can't imagine how a buffer in an AV stream would affect data latency. Not sure I have any advice without looking through what you've done - unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to look through custom code. Is this latency consistent?

nigel