Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

LC Won't move text fields

Former Community Member

I have a form where I am trying to lineup dynamic data in a text field with the fixed data in a text box.  For example the text box will have verbage about a form needing to be filled out and mailed back followed by the dynamic text field at the end being populated via XML with the due date.

The problem is that the text box is not lining up properly making it clear that it is dynamic and not simply a continuation of the fixed text.  I drag and drop the field as close as I can and then start playing with the X/Y coordinates to get it exact.  Problem is that the coordinates keep getting changed back, and when I tell it to move .2 inches to the left, LC only shows the value changing by .03 - .04 inches.  I keep moving it little by little but to no avail, it will suddenly appear back where I moved it from ten minutes earlier.

The worst is an entire area of instructions that consists of about 3 paragraphs with all sorts of formatting and 4 imbedded text fields.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Sounds like you have Smap to Grid on ....this means that objects will snap to the closest grid coordinates . You can turn this off by going to the View menu then Grids and Guidelines then Snap to Grid (this is a toggle switch - make sure it is unchecked)

Paul

Former Community Member

Snap to Grid was unchecked. In one case I four text fields one on top of another boxes 1,3 & 4 have an X coordinate of .5123, but no matter what I do box 2 has an X of .5718. Don't believe it makes any difference but I turned off Grids and Gridlines an still got the same behavior, I know how snap to grid would definitely be a factor, too bad it was already turned off otherwise this could have been an easy fix.

Cameron Kaley

iBridge Group, Inc.

Austin, TX 78759

cameron.kaley@iBridgeGroup.com <mailto:cameron.kaley@iBridgeGroup.com>

www.iBridgeGroup.com <http://www.ibridgegroup.com/>

512.535.8161 | Cell

512.343.3607 | Office

512.857.0541 | Fax

Former Community Member

Would need to see the form to determine what the issue is .....can you email it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and include a description of the issue.

Paul

Former Community Member

Sorry for not posting back on this I know how frustrating dead posts are, unfortunately I could not distribute this form for outside review and it just became a matter of constantly moving the boxes out of the way then bringing them back in place and then playing with the x/y values till designer left them where I wanted them.

No easy answer to this one