Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Js Script or FormCalc scripting is not appearing in Script editor

Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am facing issue where upon when i write a Js Script or FormCalc script - it is disappearing when I save & activate the form.  The scripts are seen in the XML Source tab, but not in the script editor...as a result i am not able to modify anything, as they are displayed in the editor at all...

Find below the example...

1) Step 1 - I created the below testing script on click of a button and it was displayed and the moment I saved and activate it disappeared from the script editor...same thing happened many times...

data.#subform[0].ZggTestWsBtn::click - (FormCalc, client)

xfa.host.messageBox ("Hello from FormCalc");

2) But when i go to the XML source, i am able to see all the scripts and the previous ones as well...

</script>

</event>

<event activity="click" name="event__click">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript" runAt="both">

///test ///test

</script>

</event>

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

app.alert("test");

</script>

</event>

//test

</script>

</event>

xfa.host.messageBox("Hello Button Clicked");

</script>

</event>

xfa.host.messageBox("Hello Pressed the button ");

</script>

</event>

<script>

xfa.host.messageBox ("Hello from FormCalc");

</script

Can you please help me to find out the issue? this is making development a pain as we are not able to edit any existing script or create new ones... Please help...

We are using AdobeLiveCycle designer 9.8 version. Thanks

Ganu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Found the Problem ....

In AdobeLiveCycle designer when you drag and drop a Webservice Execute button into the layout and when you write any script it gets removed by the system. Reason i believe is its a Execute button and associated with the WS URL, hence no scripting is allowed....

Strange there is no warning or anything before removal of the code, but the code is still available and working in XML Source...which is a Bug in the Adobe i guess.

Found this when i switched a Regular Button type to Execute or Submit, it throwed a warning, that Click event will be removed... however when you directly create a Execute Button and write a script, no warning is occuring, but it removes the script from the script editor, but not from the XML source.... 

anyhow found the issue and thought of posting this for future reference and bug correction.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I don't know what's wrong at your end.

You're able to display all events in your form when you select 'Events with Scripts" and also activate the Button next to the dropdown to include all child objects.

ScriptEditort.png

But what is Designer 9.8? There is no such version, only 7, 8 (ES), 9 (ES2) and 10 (ES3).

Level 1

Hello Radzmar,

I am aware of displaying all events both for Js Script and Form calc and also the Client/Server/both ...all these options is not listing the existing scripts is the issue i am reporting...  When i go to XML source, all these Js script/FormCalc events and code is displayed, but not in the script editor is the issue.

Also if you can google for AdobeLiveCycle designer 9.8, u can find the link to download that from SAP Installation and Upgrade market place link. Please check and let me know if there is some setting that is triggering the issue.

any other details, please feel free to ask, shall provide to get this resolved at the earliest...

tx

Ganu

Level 10

Sorry, I don't work with SAP enviroment.

SAP uses special versions of Designer, that behave different in some situation than the regular Designer.

Anyway, it also should display all scripts in the editor.

Have you checked the reports in Designer (Window > Report), maybe there is an error listed you'll have to fix.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Found the Problem ....

In AdobeLiveCycle designer when you drag and drop a Webservice Execute button into the layout and when you write any script it gets removed by the system. Reason i believe is its a Execute button and associated with the WS URL, hence no scripting is allowed....

Strange there is no warning or anything before removal of the code, but the code is still available and working in XML Source...which is a Bug in the Adobe i guess.

Found this when i switched a Regular Button type to Execute or Submit, it throwed a warning, that Click event will be removed... however when you directly create a Execute Button and write a script, no warning is occuring, but it removes the script from the script editor, but not from the XML source.... 

anyhow found the issue and thought of posting this for future reference and bug correction.