Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JavaScript to Unlock/Lock Fields Locked Upon Signing

Level 2

Hi,

I have a case where I want to allow a document preparer to define a route by checking radio buttons next to signature fields.  I will use my index to step through my checkbox/signature pairings to find the next person to send the form to by determining which radio buttons are checked and remain unsigned.  My problem is that after I apply the first signature, and apply my field "access" change; the fields do not stay hidden in the saved or the submitted (PDF attached to email) version of my document.  They do, however, appear hidden when the submit button is initially hit.  I have tried using the "Lock Signatures After Signing" functionality and then changing the access to "open" (the reverse) for the next signer.  This keeps the other fields locked, but I cannot unlock any of the fields locked on signing.  I am wondering if anyone has a way to dynamically choose which fields will lock (or unlock) upon a signature being applied.  Please let me know if you need any more specific information from me.  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

-Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This may help:

On the File->Form Properties->Defaults Tab, make sure that "Preserve scripting changes..." is set to "Automatically".

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This may help:

On the File->Form Properties->Defaults Tab, make sure that "Preserve scripting changes..." is set to "Automatically".

Level 2

Jono,

Thank you so much! I was scratching my head on this one for some time and thought I needed a code workaround.  I really appreciate your help!!!

-Alex