Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

javascript script object and table flow help

Level 10

Two problems:

Problem 1

I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle a function on the attached form (form is under construction and messy!).

There is a requirement for attaching files to the form. I have that figured out, but would like to handle it better. There are about 8 places for attaching files and each time I move things around I have to edit the code for each button, so I'm thinking putting it into a function in a script object is the way to go (let me know if there's a better way!).

I think I've got how the script objects work, but haven't tried this yet as there are some pieces I haven't been able to figure out yet.

The way it works now is you click the attachment button, attach a file, and the filename gets entered into the field surrounding the button - there's a separate field surrounding each button (see subform "subProjectInfo.subAttach" on page 2). What I can't figure out is if I put this into a function/script object, how do I get the filename into the appropriate box? I have to return data back to the button, I guess, which can then populate the field?

Problem 2

Near the bottom of the same page (2) is a subform (subProjectInfo.subMilestones) with an expanding table. I followed the example in the purchase order sample, but I'm having trouble getting the headers to repeat properly. When it breaks to a new page, the top header repeats every time a row is added.

Extra bonus question!

I'm hoping one of you more knowledgeable types can take a look at the structure of the form and let me know how it looks from a "best practices" point of view - use of subforms, that kind of thing. I've been using lots of subforms to wrap things and have been wondering about performance, that sort of thing. This is the most complex form I've done to date and want to make sure I'm going down the correct road!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Jono,

I hope , I've solved your Problem 2, i simoly removed Repeat for each item from MilestoneHeader.GeaderRow[0]. And now it's repeating only for new pages.

When I'll have time i'll try to check your Problem 1.

BR,

Paul Butenko

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Just bumping this topic as the file attachment is available now.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Jono,

I hope , I've solved your Problem 2, i simoly removed Repeat for each item from MilestoneHeader.GeaderRow[0]. And now it's repeating only for new pages.

When I'll have time i'll try to check your Problem 1.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 6

Hi,

About Problem 1: I added script object to your form with function attachFile wich takes three parameters, list, fileName, counter. And I changed two buttons with this function, just to show how it works, if you need you can change this function as you wish.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 10

Paul, thank you so much.

I knew the table header problem had to be something simple...just needed another set of eyes. I'd tried every combination of the Include Header switches I could think of...

And big thanks for the script object help, I'm still pretty new to javascript and just couldn't figure out how to pass the data back and forth to the function.