Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Javascript for any one of multiple fields to set a flag/variable

Level 5

I need help creating a script that will read through several fields, and if any one of them meets a condition (let's say, "Yes"), then Checkbox1 is checked.

The pseudocode would be:

If Field1 is Yes

or If Field2 is Yes

or If Field3 is Yes

or If Field4 is Yes

then Checkbox1 = checked

So, a "Yes" one of those fields generates the check in the box.

The other part of this is if someone were to set Fields 1-4 to "Yes" and then back to "No",  I need a script that checks all four fields and if they are all "No", then sets Checkbox1 to unchecked.

I can't code, but I know how to edit/add existing script.  I really appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Maybe something like this JavaScript code in the calculate event of the checkbox field

if (Field1.rawValue == "No" && Field2.rawValue == "No" && Field3.rawValue == "No" && Field4.rawValue == "No")

{

this.rawValue = "0";   

}

else

{

if (Field1.rawValue == "Yes" || Field2.rawValue == "Yes" || Field3.rawValue == "Yes" || Field4.rawValue == "Yes")

{

this.rawValue = "1";

}

else

{

this.rawValue = "0";

}

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Maybe something like this JavaScript code in the calculate event of the checkbox field

if (Field1.rawValue == "No" && Field2.rawValue == "No" && Field3.rawValue == "No" && Field4.rawValue == "No")

{

this.rawValue = "0";   

}

else

{

if (Field1.rawValue == "Yes" || Field2.rawValue == "Yes" || Field3.rawValue == "Yes" || Field4.rawValue == "Yes")

{

this.rawValue = "1";

}

else

{

this.rawValue = "0";

}

}

Level 5

Great, thanks!  I have two questions, I hope you don't mind:

1. Why does one if-statement have "&&" and the other has "||"?

2.  It seems like both conditions are already taken care of in the first two if/else statements.  What is the final "else" statement for?

Level 5

I think I figured out the "or" vs. "and" function of && and ||.  So the only question remains about the final "else" statement.  Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

You may not need the else, I wasn't sure what other values the fields might have than Yes or No.

Regards

Bruce