Expand my Community achievements bar.

Javascript default language for all forms?

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to keep JavaScript as the default language for all forms in LiveCycle. By default it sets to FormCalc and from what I can find, you have to change the default on each form. Does anyone know of a setting that can be set on LC itself for all forms to use JavaScript?

Thanks for any insight!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

In LC Designer ES2, you can set the default language in the Tools > Options > Workspace dialog.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you are using an earlier version of Designer, then you could set up a blank form with all of the setting to your preference (including language). Then instead of starting a new form each time, you would just open and re-save the template form to a new name.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply Niall!

I am still using ES, so I don't have the option that you show in your post, but I did find a way to do it. For anyone who is experiencing this same issue and using ES and not ES2, you can do the following to change the template that LC uses:

Navigate to:<Installation directory>/Designer 8.2/EN/Templates/Blank.  Open the template you use for creating a new form, probably "Letter.tds". When opening, choose "edit this template" from the options given when you open the Letter.tds file.  Change the default scripting language to "JavaScript" as well as any other settings you want to set by default. Save and Restart LiveCycle.  Now when you create a new form it will be defaulted to JavaScript and any other settings you changed.

You may want to make a backup of the Letter.tds before modifying it so that you have the standard template in its original form.

Enjoy!