Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

javascript debugger window disappears quickly

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I built a search fragment, that accesses a back-end system and allows the user to select a customer and then populates the selected customer information in hidden fields.  This search fragment will be incorporated into most of our forms to allow a customer search and then prepopulate the selected customer on the form. 

The fragment worked wonderfully when previewing it by itself.  But when I added it to a blank form and tried to preview it, a javascript error occurred.  The javascript window would pop up quickly and then disappear.  By happenstance I was able to resolve the problem, however...

The real problem is that the javascript debugger window popped up with an error and then quickly disappeared, and I was unable to see the error message to resolve the issue.  Each time I would create a form and drag the fragment in and preview it, the javascript window would pop up and disappear so fast that I was unable to see the error.  CTRL-J would not surface the javascript debugger window.  And yes, I did minimize all windows to see if I could get to the javascript debugger window - no luck.

Has anyone experienced this? 

Elaine

1 Reply

Level 4

I wanted to post back here with the resolution - it seems I have to have acrobat pro opened and minimized to get the javascript debugger to appear.  Not sure why, but it works, so I'm good.  Thanks to Ahmet for the answer.