Expand my Community achievements bar.

JavaScript Console Problem (only in LS preview mode)

Level 3

Hello,

my JavaScript console "crashes" in preview-mode in lifecycle designer. It just appears for a "millisecond"´, well I see it flicker at last.

It doesn't matter if there is a syntax error or if I try to start the console by clicking a button ( Event click => console.show(); )

The console just flickers.

If I save the pdf file everything works fine. Console shows up on errors or if it told to do so (e.g. my button is clicked).

I cannot afford to save the pdf-file every time for some reasons (livecycle designer is used in sap gui, I have to run the whole process to get the PDF ...)

By the way, the same problem is present in Livecycle Designer if I use it "native", not called from within the sap.

I have already tried to close the acrobat reader tasks. There are two of them, when adobe reader 10 starts (native or in livecycle-preview).

But by closing one of the tasks, the second one closes, too. Therefore there is no help this way.

tasks_after_adobe_reader_starts.JPG

I use Adobe Lifecycle Designer ES 8.0 (8.01.2008.1.380548) and Acrobat Reader X (10.0.1)

The PDFs output in LS is set to Acrobat 8 (dynamic)

In Acrobat Reader javascript console/debugger is set as active, as well as to show errors etc.

It might be a problem realted to sap gui.

I just ran the pdf-preview in sap gui. And Console didn't show up again.

sap1.JPG

sap2.JPG

I have saved the same document from the sap print-preview on my local hd drive. Then started it with adobe reader and everything worked just fine.

Please do not blame sap only. As I have told before: the same problem occurs if I use livecycle designer "native", not within sap gui

11 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

try to deactivate the Protected Mode of Reader X.

Level 3

it did not help. actually it get even worse in sap gui. I couldn't see my pdf in print preview at all.

I have tested my form in acrobat reader 7 and it works fine in livecycle designer and sap gui. Acrobat Reader 8 caused problems.

Level 3

It seems to be a common problem.

I just have tested a simple form with syntax error on:

windows 7

Acrobat Reader X (10.0.1)

Livecycle Designer ES 8.1.2.4246.1.597341 (no sap gui, just native in livecycle designer)

All the same: no javascript console in lifecycle preview-mode

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I do not think I would get an update of lifecycle designer  ; )

And yet again any problems at all with adobe acrobat reader 7 installed.

Level 10

Hi,

this might be helpful

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000808.html

Also,

check if you run Designer with Administration rights.

On Win7 the UAC might block the access to the console.

Level 3

Thanks for your replay but there is no helpful information for my issue.

I have already tried everything.

- I do not have acrobat pro, but I have set the settings in acrobat reader. And, after all, it works if I do not use LC

- the tipp with tasks is just wasted ; ) I have posted about it above. When Acrobat Reader X starts (in preview or "native") there are 2 acrobat32-tasks. If I close one of them, everything disappears. I have also tried to do that trick by opening a pdf (2 tasks) and then starting the preview in LC (4 tasks). After that closing one of the tasks, doesn't matter which one (2 tasks again). Restarting everything. Anything helped.

Level 10

Did you noticed the remark regarding Reader on the weblink?

Btw, if there are two AcroRdr32 processes in the task manager, you still run the protected Mode of Reader.

The second task is the Broker process (sandbox) of Reader wich blocks the access to your file system until you define a custom policy by yourself.

Level 3

Hi,

I have also used the debugger.js.

Thank you for the tipp with 2 tasks. I have deactivated protected mode bute there are still to of them. I do not have admin rights on the pc I use.

My collegue just tested everything with acrobat reader X and lc 9.0, well any problems there. With protected mode turned on and off.

It must be the combination of LC 8x and Reader 10.

Any other suggestions how to fix the problem? The werid thing is that Acrobat reader 7 works just fine ; )

Level 3

it seems the problem is caused directly by adobe reader X.

I just have started a new descussion here (adobe reader forum).

If anyone could help me, feel free to do so!

my configuration:

windows xp pro

adobe reader x

adobe livecycle designer 9 ( therefore it is not an version 8 issue )

admin rights on the pc ; )

Level 4

I might add that you are not alone!

I am having the same problem (LSD ES2 (version 9.0.0....) and Adobe Reader X and Acrobat Professional 8)

Whenever I save a form as PDF and open it with Reader or Acrobat I get to see the console.

But never when I view the form in Designer preview!

That used to work until I installed Reader X.

Same as you I checked all configurations in Reader and Acrobat: all perfect.

I really do hope that someone finds a solution for this.

PS. This problem should be discussed in THIS forum. It is clearly a Designer problem!

Level 8

Now the same thing is happening to me...

Kyle

Level 8

Restarting my computer several times seams to have done the trick. Weird though.

Kyle