Expand my Community achievements bar.

Items visible in PDF Preview not visible in Design View

Level 1

Hello-

I used the auto create function to turn an existing PDF info a fill-in able PDF. Auto create "auto detects" form fields, including in some areas of the form that are not fields at all (blank areas, etc.). I go into Design View and remove any extra fields. However, I've discovered there are some fill-inable fields visible in PDF Preview and in the actual PDF itself (once saved) that are not visible at all in Design View- thus I can't click on them and delete them- they just aren't visible in that view. I've read the forums and it seems the opposite problem is more common, in which something shows in Design View but does not show in PDF Preview or in the final PDF.

Any guidance on what's going on? Next steps? I'm not a coder, so the simpler the better. Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

2 Replies

Level 7

All the fields on your form are listed in the Hierarchy which is generally on the left-hand side of your screen. In there you should be able to go through each field and delete the ones you don't need.

Level 1

Thansk for your reply. We checked Heirarchy- the problem fields/objects don't appear there either. But if I choose PDF preview, there they are still. Any other ideas?