Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue related to retrieve a field value

Level 2

Hi,

I am using adobe livecycle designer version 8.2 to design a form and I am new to this tool. I have designed one form which has a repeatable fragment called payment component.Under this payment component subform i have added two fields: 1) A drop down named Payment Type and 2) Class-name

The drop down has four values : fixed, calculated, user specified and department specified.

If user selects fixed as the payment type the "component-val" textfield should appear and if user selects payment type as calculated than another field name "payment-class" should appear as a prepopulated value.

The prepopulated value should be the value entered by the user in another field of the same form.(testfield)

I tried writing a script at the calculate event of the field whose value i need to prepopulate....

this.rawValue=paymentsubform.testfield.rawValue;

Please suggest.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The script looks OK, but should be in the calculate event of the "payment-class" field, so that this field looks back to the value in the testfield.The way you stated the problem it looks like you have the script in the testfield calculate event.

The script is javascript, so make sure you select this in the language dropdown in the script editor.

Hope that helps,

N.

Level 2

Yes,

The script is in payment-class field only.

But still its not working.

Thanks and Regards,

-Soni Gupta

Level 10

Hi,

Without seeing the form, the script looks OK.

Make sure that the reference to the testfield is correct. While you are in the script editor (calculate event of the payment-class field) when you hover over the testfield field and press Control; the mouse will change into a "V". When you click the field it will insert the correct reference for that field into the script.

When previewing the form in Acrobat press Control+J to bring up the javascript console. Then put values in the testfield and see if the console shows up any errors.

N.

Level 2

Attached is the similar form.

I want to populate "Value" field of payment component sub form with the classname field of payment calculator.

You can have a look at it and please correct where am I going wrong...

Thanks in advance.

Level 2

Hey thanks. It helped. now i am able to get value of that field.

Thanks and Regards,

-Soni Gupta

Level 10

Hi,

The form is not attached. You cannot upload documents onto the forum via email. You will need to log onto the forum and attach the form there.

N.