Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there limit of subforms on LiveCycle?

Level 4

Hi.

I am doing a guide using  LiveCycle (likes website). My form there will be about 300 subform and images, but with few fields (text, list etc).

I am feeling that, how much more I create subform , it becomes slow.

Example: When I'm typing text (using the object Text), the text appears slowly.

I am worry about this.

My version is LiveCycle 8.2

My windows is Seven 64bits.

3GB RAM

Core 2 duo 1.66

Hd 1TB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rafael,

The numbers are quite large 100-300 tables. If these tables are dynamic, eg the user can add/delete rows and the row height can increase to accommodate content, then having this many tables will slow the form down (and may crash Acrobat/Reader).

I would be inclined to measure performance when you open the form in Acrobat/Reader and not when previewing in LC Designer. After all this is what the user will be using (Acrobat/Reader).

Niall

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think that 300 subforms sound a lot, especially if you are changing the presence of these as the user interacts with the form.

There are a couple of things to look out for. Firstly try and avoid placing script in the layout:ready event, as this fires very often. For example every time an object is made visible/hidden, the layout:ready event fires. So if you have script in each of the 300 subforms (or nay object in the subforms) then this is going to hit performance. Also try and avoid the page number object, as this uses layout:ready.

There is an Adobe guide to performance. However I can't find it on their website, so I have uploaded it: https://acrobat.com/#d=kNH1xqglGYqs-uNWRquNCg

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 4

Hi Niall.

How are you?

Thanks for your reply.

I puted about 100 tables into a single subform . It will be better to put each table in a subform?

I deleted this tables and the performance was better.

PS: I don´t understand. I installed the LC V9 then the performance was worse.

Level 10

Hi Rafael,

The numbers are quite large 100-300 tables. If these tables are dynamic, eg the user can add/delete rows and the row height can increase to accommodate content, then having this many tables will slow the form down (and may crash Acrobat/Reader).

I would be inclined to measure performance when you open the form in Acrobat/Reader and not when previewing in LC Designer. After all this is what the user will be using (Acrobat/Reader).

Niall

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rafael,

Niall

Level 4

Hi Niall.

Ok. Thanks so much for your important helpful. I create a discursion about what I am trying to do. If you can reply it, I will be very thanks.