Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there any way to prevent fields from being overwritten when importing data via xdp-file?

Level 1

In an pdf-form designed with LCD everytime the form gets merged with an xdp-datafile content of all fields get overwritten, regardless which data-binding (normal, global, none) is assigned to the fields and regardless if the fields are exluded in the xdp-datafile. Is this normal behavior and is there any way to prevent fields from being overwritten?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

So you have an .xdp with fields defined with default values and you want those fields to maintain those values after you merge an xml instance containing data for those fields?

Level 1

The xdp-file is first exported from Acrobat Professional 8 (export data as *.xdp) to get the complete structure. Then in the xdp-file some fields are removed manually and other fields are filled with data. When the modified xdp-file is opened again with Acrobat Professional 8 it grabs the original pdf-form and merges the manually filled fields into the form. With the merge all other fields in the form are overwritten, even if they are not defined in the xdp-file. And that is what I want to avoid. I want to merge the xdp-file into the form and keep the data in fields not defined in the xdp-file.