Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is there a way to delete one of several checkboxes from a pdf form without the leftover checkboxes automatically renumbering themselves?

Level 1

Is there a way to delete one of several checkboxes from a pdf form without the leftover checkboxes automatically renumbering themselves?

I used LiveCycle Designer to make a pdf form with many checkboxes. When I deleted a few of the checkboxes the rest left on the form renumbered themselves. This made my JavaScript out of sync since the JavaScript checkbox numbers did NOT update automatically. I am hoping there is a preference option to not auto update. I just cannot find it,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I believe you're using the same name for each checkbox, right?!

If so, each checkbox has an index number which represents its position relative to the other copies in the XML tree and when you add, delete or reorder the copies the index will always be recreated because thats the way how XML works.

There is no way to stop Designer from doing this, I'm afraid.

To address individual objects through JavaScript you should use unique names.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I believe you're using the same name for each checkbox, right?!

If so, each checkbox has an index number which represents its position relative to the other copies in the XML tree and when you add, delete or reorder the copies the index will always be recreated because thats the way how XML works.

There is no way to stop Designer from doing this, I'm afraid.

To address individual objects through JavaScript you should use unique names.

Level 1

Yes they all were Checkbox1 [X] where X was the index number from 0 to 95 so I thought they were unique not just placement in the tree. Page number was the only uniqueness.