Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is possible to save only the PDF that goes by e-mail?

Level 4

Hello!

I have a form that there is a e-mail button. I would like that when the user to click on this button, I want to change only something information on the file, but only the file that goes by e-mail. I don't want that user see the change. Is it possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The file that is put into the email is a copy of the file that is opened at the moment. So I would use the Post Submit event to change whatever you want on the file that is being viewed. Or you can use a combination of the pre and post submit to change what you want. In the pre event change what you want to the emailed version, then change it back on the post submit event for viewing.

Make sense?

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

You can use the preSubmit event of the button to place your code to modify the information in the file..

If you want to change a particular field value on the form before sending the email, then access the rawValue of the field and then assign the new value..

TextField1.rawValue = "Place your new value here";

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Hello!

Thanks for reply.

But I want the opposite. I want the file that goes to the e-mail has a different modification of the file that the user is viewing on screen.

Sorry, my English is very BAD.

Level 4

Sorry for the insistence, but can you(anybody) help me, please.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The file that is put into the email is a copy of the file that is opened at the moment. So I would use the Post Submit event to change whatever you want on the file that is being viewed. Or you can use a combination of the pre and post submit to change what you want. In the pre event change what you want to the emailed version, then change it back on the post submit event for viewing.

Make sense?

Paul

Level 4

Is, I thought about this. I belive that is the only way. So I think that I am going to do this

Thanks you!

Level 4

Hello Pgurett and Srini

Thanks for your replys!

I registered pois for everybody

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----