Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

is it possible to repeat fields in a row inside a table ???

Level 2

I have a table  which shows several rows (data from an xml file). Now in each row, there's a field which comes with more than one value, so my idea is to repeat this value in the row, ie.

row 1    -->     code 1 - company 1 - value 1

value 2

value 3

row 2   -->     code 1 - company 1 - value 1

value 2

value 3

I added a subform inside the field of the table, and checked the "repeat subform for each data item", but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Select the cell where you want to place the repeating section and then select Table menu -> Insert Table. Select 1 for column and 1 for Row.

In the properties for the Row added above, check the checkbox "Repeat Row for Each Data Item"..

Through your program use the Instance manager to add an other row at runtime.

Table1.Row1.Table2.Row1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Where Table and Row1 are the main table. And Table2 and Row1 are child table inside the Table1.

Note: Sample file is here..

https://acrobat.com/#d=v*4*fzpKwKQ6uyV775zXVQ

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Select the cell where you want to place the repeating section and then select Table menu -> Insert Table. Select 1 for column and 1 for Row.

In the properties for the Row added above, check the checkbox "Repeat Row for Each Data Item"..

Through your program use the Instance manager to add an other row at runtime.

Table1.Row1.Table2.Row1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Where Table and Row1 are the main table. And Table2 and Row1 are child table inside the Table1.

Note: Sample file is here..

https://acrobat.com/#d=v*4*fzpKwKQ6uyV775zXVQ

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Let me tell you Srini, you're a Genius!!!!  it worked, I don't need the instance manager to add, originally I just wanted the form to showed what exactly comes in the XML.

I had the idea of adding a table in the field rounding in my mind, but I didn't thought it could work.

Thanks again, you save my day :-)