Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Is it possible to create a role with PERM_READER_EXTENSIONS_WEB_APPLICATIONS without Service Invoke?

Level 3

I need to restrict user access to Workspace processes.  Using the adminui, service management, I gave my test group INVOKE_PERM permissions to this service.  This works good.  The users of the test group can only see this process.  However, for these users the SOAP calls do not work.  I am using a reader extended form and I am getting the error below.  If I add the Reader Extension Web Application role, the SOAP call work, but the user of the test group can see all other processes.  I created a role and gave it PERM_READER_EXTENSIONS_WEB_APPLICATIONS, Service Read, INVOKE_PERM and other combinations.  This role only works if I add Service Invoke and this give users access to all processes.  How can I get a role to provide the Reader Extension without using Service Invoke?

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

User TORRES, ALEJANDRO G does not have the Service Invoke Permission on Service ReaderExtensionsService.

1 Reply

Level 3

I found the answer to my question.  I had to give INVOKE permission to all the services used by the process.