Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Is it possible to create a role with PERM_READER_EXTENSIONS_WEB_APPLICATIONS without Service Invoke?

Level 3

I need to restrict user access to Workspace processes.  Using the adminui, service management, I gave my test group INVOKE_PERM permissions to this service.  This works good.  The users of the test group can only see this process.  However, for these users the SOAP calls do not work.  I am using a reader extended form and I am getting the error below.  If I add the Reader Extension Web Application role, the SOAP call work, but the user of the test group can see all other processes.  I created a role and gave it PERM_READER_EXTENSIONS_WEB_APPLICATIONS, Service Read, INVOKE_PERM and other combinations.  This role only works if I add Service Invoke and this give users access to all processes.  How can I get a role to provide the Reader Extension without using Service Invoke?

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

User TORRES, ALEJANDRO G does not have the Service Invoke Permission on Service ReaderExtensionsService.

1 Reply

Level 3

I found the answer to my question.  I had to give INVOKE permission to all the services used by the process.