Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is different tabbing order behavior between Custom and Automatic order a known issue?

Level 2

Good morning,

I'm trying to debug a tabbing order issue where tabbing jumps over the instances of a repeating subform added at runtime only to return to them at the end of the tabbing sequence.

Is this a know issue? If so, has it been fixed in newer version of Reader or Designer? I'm 98% sure this used to work before we installed service pack 1 for LC Designer ES. Here are the product versions currently used:

LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2.1.4029.1.523496

Adobe Reader 9.4.0

Additional Information

The hierarchy view looks like so (omitting fields for simplicity purposes):

form1

Subform1 (repeats)

AddButton (button adding instances of Subform1)

Subform3

tabbing result after adding instances of Subform1:

1. Subform1[0]

2. AddButton[0]

3. Subform3[0]

4. Subform1[1]

5. Subform1[2]

expected results:

1. Subform1[0]

2. Subform1[1]

3. Subform1[2]

4. AddButton[0]

5. Subform3[0]

I built a simplified version of the form to isolate the source of the problem and noticed that I can reproduce the problem only when tabbing order is set to 'Custom'. The 'Automatic' order works fine. However most of the forms we're working on uses Custom order.

I've tried removing the 'operation' tag in the XML Source as it sometimes fixes issues however it didn't this time. Using script to set focus on the exit event is currently considered but not ideal. It does not handle backward tabbing and will need to be manually removed later when forms are migrated to a newer version of ES/Reader.

0 Replies